Simulator Maintenance Engineer
This role reports to the Training Centre Manager
Salary: Competitive salary with excellent benefits.
Day to day running and proactive maintenance of four commercial Full Flight Simulators (FFS) based at our Burgess Hill Training Facility.
The Simulator Engineer’s primary role is to maintain the simulators to regulatory and company standards, ensuring readiness for training. The role also involves communication with Flight Crews and Flight Instructors on a daily basis; so a confident and dynamic communicator is required.
The following knowledge and experience is essential for this role:-
- An understanding of Electrical / Electronic and/or Avionic systems.
- An understanding of fault finding principles and corrective measures techniques.
- Working knowledge of motion, control loading and simulator visual systems.
- Knowledge and understanding of hardware, fault finding and repair.
- Proactive completion of routine Preventative Maintenance activities.
- Running of Qualification Test Guides (QTG’s).
The following experience would also be an advantage:-
- Experience of working on Boeing and/or Airbus simulators.
- Experience of CAE, FSI and/or Sim Industries Training Devices.
- Experience gained in a customer support or client facing role.
The following qualifications would be a distinct advantage:-
- HNC/HND in aircraft related discipline (Avionics)
- HNC/HND in Electrical & Electronic Engineering
The Simulator Engineer’s role involves working a variable work pattern which may be changed at any time to meet the Company and customer needs. Flexibility in the approach to working is a key requirement for this role. The role currently covers a 24 x 7 working pattern so the ability to work night shift is a prerequisite for this role.
Please note this list is not exhaustive
To Apply, please submit your CV and Cover Letter, by email to Lucie Carter c/o email@example.com (no agencies please).